Sirma Solutions is part of Sirma Group Holding, a leading Bulgarian ICT group listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange since November 2015 (SKK).
Our teams are world-class, striving to provide the highest quality and value. We have over 25 years of hands-on coding experience across various technologies, vertical markets and platforms. Мany of our staff hold M.Sc. or Ph.D. degrees in mathematics, computer and information sciences, but we believe that academic excellence is only the start of an outstanding career in software engineering. Sirma Solutions is traditionally among the front-runners of the ComputerWorld-organized annual Top 100 ICT Companies on the Bulgarian Market ranking. We are the preferred local partner to a host of global leaders, among them Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, HP and Siemens.
Senior Java Software Developer. Position summary.
The Senior Software Developer is a part of the software development team at Sirma Solutions. Our teams are responsible for developing various SW Apps, SDKs, APIs and cloud infrastructure. The development spans several desktop and mobile platforms, OSs and SW technologies. As a part of cross-functional project team, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for understanding requirements, specifying detailed design, developing code, testing and delivering high-quality products. Other responsibilities may include SW architecture, technical/team leadership, project management and mentoring team members.
In this role you will:
- Develop software solutions.
- Participate in Scrum Sprint Planning, dailies, refinement and retrospective meetings.
- Participate in requirement analysis, technical discussions, code reviews, design reviews regarding design and architecture.
- Collaborate with team members across locations (EMEA, North America).
- Write quality code following department guidelines for development process, coding style, revision control.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Help in investigation and addressing security issues.
Your strengths include:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience with Java/J2EE.
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts, design patterns, best coding practices.
- Significant experience with Spring, SOAP/REST Web Services, ORM frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Curiosity about and experience in developing cross-browser web applications.
- Knowledge of agile development processes.
- Skills in problem solving and communicating with clients and other colleagues.
- Fluency in English.
We thank all candidates for applying. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Who we are?
- Sustainable company
- Innovative in ideas
- Reliable in solutions
- Modern in approach
- Authentic in culture
What we offer?
- Social benefits
- Opportunity for career development
- Latest technologies to work with
- Unique Work Atmosphere
- Travel around the clock
- International Experience
- Opportunity for flexible working hours
- New ideas realization
- Sport events and team buildings