Sirma Solutions is a global provider of complex software solutions, IT consulting and system integration across various industries. Founded in 1992, the company is continuously growing and developing itself as a market leader in the IT sector. For our needs we are looking for Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) Consultant.
We are seeking experienced Oracle Database Administrator Consultants to join Sirma Solutions and get involved in the implementation of our partner’s fund management product for banks across Europe.
The role is a consulting role, based in Sofia but requiring extensive travel in Europe, with opportunities to work from home when not required to travel. Travel will be cared for by our travel desk to ensure our consultants operate in the best conditions when at client’s premises. Travel expenses all covered including a generous per-diem allowance when abroad.
The role will consist typically consists in:
Reviewing the bank current database sizings and advise on suitable configuration before the implementation Work with product specialist to ensure the best design is applied in the bank to enable the secure and effective deployment of the various instances of a database
- Participate to the non functional requirements gathering exercise including performance, security and user access for the overall solution
- Monitor performance and manage database parameters and indexing in order to provide appropriate response times
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Contribute to the back-end organisation of data
- Provide input into the infrastructure configuration and capacity planning and adapt the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install Oracle RDBMS
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Work closely with client and partner’s IT project managers and product specialists
- Commission and install new instances of the product and database
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, IT, Software engineering, etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Oracle RDBMS administration
- Significant Experience of recent release of Oracle RDBMS (11g but 12.x.x.x preferred)
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively about 60% of time across Europe
- Very good command of English language
- Good team-working and communication skills in client facing situations
- Self-driven personality and cooperative attitude
- Adaptability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
We offer exciting career development and progression opportunities for our software engineers. You will get diverse opportunities to work for major names as part of a wider team, and get the opportunity to accelerate your career and increase the value of your profile by collaborating in large teams with major global consulting firms.
The DBA will receive appropriate training and certifications on partner vendor specific products
IF YOU FEEL THE CHALLENGE AND IF IT SOUNDS RIGHT FOR YOU, APPLY FOR THE POSITION!
We will contact only the candidates selected for further consideration. Confidentiality is guaranteed. We thank all candidates for applying.
Who we are?
- Sustainable company
- Innovative in ideas
- Reliable in solutions
- Modern in approach
- Authentic in culture
What we offer?
- Social benefits
- Opportunity for career development
- Latest technologies to work with
- Unique Work Atmosphere
- Travel around the clock
- International Experience
- Opportunity for flexible working hours
- New ideas realization
- Sport events and team buildings