Established in 1992, Sirma Solutions is part of Sirma Group Holding, one of the leading Bulgarian ICT groups, publicly traded and listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange since November 2015 (SKK).
Our teams are world class, striving to provide the highest quality and value. We have over 26 years of average hands-on coding experience, across multiple technologies, vertical markets and platforms. Though many of our staff holds M.Sc. or Ph.D. degrees in computer, mathematics and information sciences, we believe that academic excellence is only a starting point to become an outstanding software engineer.The enterprise is traditionally among the front-runners of the annual ranking “Top 100 ICT companies on the Bulgarian market”, organized by ComputerWorld. We are also preferred local partner to global leaders such as Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, HP, Siemens and others.
What is the role of the Java Developer at Sirma Solutions?
The Software Engineer is a part of the software development team of North America Business Unit at Sirma Solutions. The Business Unit is responsible for developing various SW Apps, SDKs, APIs and cloud infrastructure. The development spans across several desktop and mobile platforms, OSs and SW technologies. As a part of cross functional project team, the SW engineer is responsible for understanding requirements, specifying detailed design, developing code, testing and delivering high quality work products. Other responsibilities may include SW architecture, technical/team leadership, project management and mentoring other team members.
• Developing software solutions
• Participating in Scrum Sprint Planning, Dailies, Refinement and Retrospective Meetings
• Participating in requirement analysis, technical discussions, code reviews, design reviews regarding design and architecture
• Collaboration with team members across different locations (EMEA, North America)
• Writing quality code following department guidelines for development process, coding style, revision control
• Troubleshooting and resolve problems
• Helping in investigation and addressing of possible security issues
• Bachelor/Master Degree preferably in a software development discipline or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of software engineering from design to support
• 2 + years of experience in Java/J2EE
• You have excellent understanding of:
- OOP concepts
- Design patterns
- Best coding practices
- Algorithms and data structures
• You have experience with:
- SOAP/REST Web Services
- ORM frameworks
- SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL,etc.) or NoSQL databases
• Atlassian stack (Jira, Git, Bamboo, etc. is a plus)
• Desire to learn new programming languages and frameworks
• Agile mindset
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English
Why Sirma Should be your choice:
Personal career path
• Working with cutting-edge technologies
• Cooperation with top professionals around the globe
• Interesting case studies
• Knowledge sharing
• Innovative and dynamic projects
• Individual or team professional training
• Regular performance assessment
• Additional paid vacation days for students
Healthcare and compensation package:
• Additional health and dental insurance
• Food discounts
• Relax Massages
• Multisport card
• Fruits at the office
• Private parking zone
• Referral bonus scheme
• Sport events
• Game and relax zone
• Large terrace with great view
• Flexible working time
• Opportunity to work from every Sirma`s office
• Regular team buildings and office parties
• Charity campaigns
We are waiting for your CV!
There’s a lot going on at Sirma Solutions!
We're looking forward to meeting our next colleague:)
We will contact only the candidates selected for further consideration. Confidentiality is guaranteed. We thank all candidates for applying.
Who we are?
- Sustainable company
- Innovative in ideas
- Reliable in solutions
- Modern in approach
- Authentic in culture
What we offer?
- Social benefits
- Opportunity for career development
- Latest technologies to work with
- Unique Work Atmosphere
- Travel around the clock
- International Experience
- Opportunity for flexible working hours
- New ideas realization
- Sport events and team buildings