Sirma Solutions is part of Sirma Group Holding, a leading Bulgarian ICT group listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange since November 2015 (SKK).
Our teams are world-class, striving to provide the highest quality and value. We have over 25 years of hands-on coding experience across various technologies, vertical markets and platforms. Мany of our staff hold M.Sc. or Ph.D. degrees in mathematics, computer and information sciences, but we believe that academic excellence is only the start of an outstanding career in software engineering. Sirma Solutions is traditionally among the front-runners of the ComputerWorld-organized annual Top 100 ICT Companies on the Bulgarian Market ranking. We are the preferred local partner to a host of global leaders, among them Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, HP and Siemens.
What is the role of the DevOps Engineer at Sirma Solutions?
DevOps Engineer will be responsible to assist in developing our cloud strategy, cloud infrastructure and automation frameworks for deploying, managing, and monitoring multi-tenant SaaS applications running on AWS. The position requires a mature and dynamic professional that can work alongside Engineering to ensure Enterprise class operation.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Automate solutions, focusing on continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Own management of applications and services, ensuring security and operational requirements (reliability, availability, scalability, performance, capacity etc.) are met and improved.
- Ensure monitoring coverage for applications and proactively monitor and manage the health of applications/systems; responsible and accountable for driving the root cause and ensuring all issues are addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Perform complex technical work to accomplish tasks and projects within a defined time frame.
- Install, upgrade, configure, repair and monitor high-availability 24/7 application service, third-party appliances, and applications.
- Programmatically configure and maintain application environment using standard configuration management tools (i.e., puppet, chef, etc.)
- Perform troubleshooting of applications and infrastructure issues.
- Monitor and report to management on program status, application and server issues
- Hardware/software/VM configuration and management
What are your strengths?
- BS/MS in computer science or other relevant technical degree
- 5 years of experience in Information Technology, ideally having worked in DevOps role with enterprise applications in a Linux data center environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative skills
- Experience automating systems administration tasks - Python, Perl or BASH/Shell scripting required
- Experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS 6.x - 7.x, preferred), Zabbix/Nagios (or other monitoring tools), ssh, rsync, top, iostat, iptables, NFS, ext3, ext4, XFS and other file systems
- Experience with HTTP protocol, SSL, Apache Web Services
- Experience with TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with Java Virtual Machines, Apache Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases and SQL grammar
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with automated deployment/ Continuous Integration/ Release Engineering tools like Maven, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Linux system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments
- Experience with firewall, intrusion detection prevention, and network security
- Shell programming expertise
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated initiative and team work competencies
What we offer?
- Competitive salary, catchy perks and other social benefits
- Exciting working environment, friendly chaps and experience exchange with colleagues around the world
- Team buildings and sport opportunities
- Personal development program that appraises people for their strengths, achievements and problem solving skills
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
We thank all candidates for applying. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Who we are?
- Sustainable company
- Innovative in ideas
- Reliable in solutions
- Modern in approach
- Authentic in culture
What we offer?
- Social benefits
- Opportunity for career development
- Latest technologies to work with
- Unique Work Atmosphere
- Travel around the clock
- International Experience
- Opportunity for flexible working hours
- New ideas realization
- Sport events and team buildings